Update 01.10.2015 Visa fee information
Unfortunately until now we did not receive confirmation that IEC GM Delegates are exempt from paying the visa fee.
It means that the Delegates who will be receiving a visa in Minsk airport will have to pay visa fee. If you will be receiving Belarus visa in Minsk airport, please kindly make sure that you have cash with you in EUR/USD to pay for the visa.
Important note: Some air-companies may refuse a traveler to embark a plane if you do not have a visa to Belarus in your passport. You should be prepared to answer them that you will be receiving a visa in Minsk airport in accordance with Belarus procedures (http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/airport/), and that your Invitation Letter has been delivered by Inviting Party to Division for the Admission of Foreigners of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DAF) in Minsk airport (DAF) . Usually in case of doubt the air company calls to DAF (tel: +375 17 279 20 58, working hours from 08:00 to 16:00) to check whether your invitation letter has been delivered to the DAF by the Inviting Party (in order you could apply for visa upon arrival). In order to minimize the risks, we will be having a special DAF stamp on your invitation (stating that your invitation letter has been delivered to DAF and that you can apply for visa in Minsk airport) and we will be sending you this Invitation scanned (please print it and take it with you along with other needed docs).
Important information for Delegates receiving Belarus Visa in Minsk airport/travelling via Russian airports - see extract below. Full information is available here.
Dear IEC General Meeting Delegates,
Please note important information on VISAS TO ENTER BELARUS
If you are not taking a direct flight to Minsk
You should check with your airline company or foreign affairs authorities whether you need a TRANSIT VISA.
In particular, Russian transit visa is needed (no matter whether you have Belarus visa or not) for foreigners travelling to Minsk from Russian airports (Moscow, St. Petersburg, etc.);
If you do not have a transit Russian visa you will not be allowed to take a flight to Minsk from Russian airport (please note that it’s not possible to receive Russian transit visa in Russian airport, you can do this only in your home/residence country).
If you intend to receive a Belarus visa in Minsk airport
According to the current rules it is not possible for foreign citizen to receive a visa in Minsk airport if a foreigner takes flight to Minsk from Russian airports (Moscow, St. Petersburg, etc.). Therefore in this situation you should either:
1) Receive Belarus visa prior to arrival to Minsk
2) Change your flight route in order not to fly via Russian airports (however when choosing a new route please check whether you need transit visa).
The detailed procedure for obtaining visas is given in the Guide at the following link.
All foreign citizens entering Belarus must have a valid passport or other document replacing it, intended to travel abroad, as well as a visa. Please note that medical insurance is required to obtain visa/enter the Belarus.The detailed procedure for obtaining visas is given below.
Countries whose citizens do not require visa to enter the territory of the Republic of Belarus:
Visa-free regime is provided for the citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cuba (for a term not exceeding 30 days), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia (provided that there is a private invitation or tourist voucher), Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro (for a term not exceeding 30 days provided that there is a private invitation or tourist voucher), Qatar (for a term not exceeding 30 days), Russia, Serbia (for a term not exceeding 30 days), Tajikistan, Turkey (for a term not exceeding 30 days), Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela (for a term not exceeding 90 days).
Please note that the citizens of the countries requiring a visa to enter Belarus (except for Lithuania and Latvia) staying in Belarus more than 5 working days must undergo the Registration procedure. This procedure is performed by the Hotel personnel automatically when you check-in at the hotel. However please note that if you choose to stay in Belarus not in a hotel (e.g. if you rent an apartment) – and if you are staying in Belarus more than 5 working days, you will need to undergo the registration procedure by yourself. Therefore we strongly recommend you to choose a hotel as a place for accommodation in order to save time.
Procedure to obtain a visa to Belarus
I. Procedure to obtain visa in the Delegate home/residence country
To obtain an entry visa, a foreign citizen should submit the following documents to the visa issuing authority (Belarus Embassy/Consular office in your home/residence country):
- one copy of a duly completed visa application form
The visa application form is filled out legibly by hand or by using technical means in an official language of the host country of a foreign institution, or in Russian, or in Belarusian, or in English. Answers to the questions of the visa application form must be complete and logically consistent and indicate the real purpose of the trip. The visa application form is signed by the foreign citizen personally. The visa application form for a minor is signed by his or her legal representative.
- one photograph;
The photograph must meet certain requirements specified in the international standard ISO / IEC 19794-5: size 35x45 mm, full face, against an even light background, high resolution, no corrugation or ink allowed, 70 — 80 percent of the picture placed vertically, 6 months-older photos not accepted.
- a foreign travel document;
A foreign travel document, submitted by the foreign citizen, must:
- contain a photograph of the owner. In case minors accompanying the foreigner are included into the entry visa, the foreign travel document should contain photographs of those persons;
- have at least two blank pages intended for visas;
- the document shall be valid as long as at least 90 days after the expected date of departure of a foreign citizen from the Republic of Belarus.
- be dubious in terms of authenticity or ownership,
- contain marks, entries, erasures and corrections that are not certified by the competent authorities of the respective foreign state. There must be no torn pages either.
- medical insurance contract concluded with RUE“Belgosstrakh“or“Beleximgarant“or medical insurance contract concluded with any foreign insurance organization;
The medical insurance contract with foreign insurance organization must:
- сontain the name of a foreign insurance company
- and an indication of its location, telephones of foreign insurance organizations or international assistance services, as well as the surname, first name, middle name (if available) of a foreign citizen;
- be valid at the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- be valid for a period of temporary stay or temporary residence of foreign citizens in the Republic of Belarus;
- provide the limit of indemnity not less than EUR 10 000. A medical insurance contract with foreign insurance organization can be confirmed by an insurance policy, an insurance card or other document containing the abovementionedinformation about the medical insurance contract.
- visa support documents – Invitation letter(electronic version) issued by the Host Committee (represented by BELLIS – Secretariat of Belarus National Committee in IEC)which you will receive via e-mail upon successful registration to the IEC General Meeting where you indicate that you need a visa and fill-in relevant fields necessary to issue the Invitation Letter.
- additional documents required for issuance of an entry visa (at the request of a consular officer).
- a confirmation of the consular fee paid. Please note that the Host Committee is now working with the relevant Ministries of Belarus in order to exempt the Delegates of the 79th IEC General Meeting in Minsk from paying the consular fee. It is expected that the positive decision will be taken within June 1st, 2015 of which we will publish an update on the www.iec2015.org.
II. Procedure to obtain visa in the Minsk airport.
Please note that it is possible to receive a visa (if you are entering Minsk via airport) in Minsk airport. The procedure is as described above. Visa fee in Minsk airport please see here. But we recommend you to receive a visa prior to your visit to Belarus if you have a Belarus consular office in your home/residence country.
Embassies and Consulates
List of diplomatic missions, consular offices and representative offices of international organizations in the Republic of Belarus can be found by the following link